Sunday, November 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Muscle Man Kayle! And Happy Baptism Day!

What a wonderful day yesterday was...We got to celebrate Kayle's birthday, we remembered Richard's mother, Kaye (it was her birthday also - she passed away right after we were married and it would have been her 60th b-day), and my first son was baptized. It was a very special day!

We had arranged to have a private family baptism because we had originally planned to be gone the weekend of the stake baptisms, but it turned out to be a wonderful blessing because his and Kaye's birthday fell on this Saturday and we thought what a wonderful way to spend the day! The baptism was at 10 a.m., so our morning was busy. The night before, we were in charge of the little league wrestling tournament here in Hurricane, so it was a busy weekend altogether! It was a beautiful baptism. Lots of family and friends came out to support him. His Uncles gave talks and were witnesses and his Grandpas gave prayers. He was baptized and confirmed by his Dad and Richard and I were so proud of our little guy.

After the baptism, we had a wonderful luncheon at our home and lots of people came out and brought delicious salads and treats. Later, we took the kids to the movies and had a blast. Sunday, Kayle got to sit on the stand with the bishopric and he loved it. He looked so handsome in his little suit. I must say, he did get a little sleepy up there on the stand...what is it with that place?! All in all, it was a wonderful weekend!

Kayle, I love you, you are my little muscle man. You have a strong body, but a tender heart and I know you will always protect and love your sisters and me. Thanks for being such a good example to your younger brothers and for making my life better. I never thought I would have a son and now I have three wonderful boys! Happy Birthday, son. I love you so much!



3 comments:

Becky Seymour said...

i wouldn't expect anything less from you and your busy weekends....I honestly don't know how you do it.....you wear me out just by listening to your busy life! FUN--life though, for sure!

Schimmy said...

Wow, can you believe we have kids old enough to be baptized. Mine will be eight in March, I can't believe I am that old. It looks like you had a wonderful time.

Amanda Borden said...

congrats kayle. what a special day that was... good job