Saturday, June 13, 2009

Update and Kayle's Surgery Update

I forgot to post this picture of Kayle after his surgery. He did really well and recovered so well that we nearly forgot he had the surgery in the first place. The day after surgery he went to father's and sons! Anyway, we are so happy he is such a healthy fun kid.


I am doing well, actually better than expected. My recovery has been going well and I am able to get up more and sit up more. The first couple of weeks lying down all the time and not being able to move my neck very well were not very fun, but now I am improving fairly rapidly everyday. I can see little improvements that make me so happy and give me great hope for the future. I am so thankful for the modern miracles of science and medicine. It really amazes me the things they can do for you now a days. My doctor really was amazing and everything he has said has been par for the course. I go back up for my check up in a couple of weeks and then I will find out what else I will be able to do soon. Little baby steps...

Anyway, thank you so much for all of your prayers, calls, cards, flowers, dinners, child care, baskets, you name its - you all have been a blessing in our lives here in this household and we could not have made it (or still make it) through this tough time without all of you. I am thankful and overwhelmed each day for the blessings Heavenly Father grants to me through all of you wonderful people. Thank you so much!!! I hope one day I can repay this great service you've done for my family.

Stitches out - I could finally wash my hair! Doesn't my wound look great?

1 comments:

Angee Leishman said...

Sara,
I hope all is well with you! You are amazing! I am going to look up chiari malformation cuz i've never even heard of it. WIshing you a QUICK recovery!