Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring Break Week of Fun...Day Two

So, here it is Monday, and we had another fun day. I have to teach classes all week until 11:30 a.m., so we can't do anything until after that. Fortunately for me, that let's me have the kids do all their chores and have the house clean before we leave anywhere (it's a great bribing too and yay for mom to have a clean house!). My friend Raelene and her 3 kids joined us today as well as my niece and nephew. We packed up lunches and headed up the wash in my back yard up to 3 falls. We hiked all the way up to the top and stopped in the middle for some lunch. The kids really enjoyed playing in the caves and yelling loudly in the canyons and listening to the echo. It was quite a long hike (about 4 miles altogether) but the kids did really well. I must say, Raelene was the toughest, packing her 2-year-old daughter most of the way. She was a real trooper. We were pretty tired when we got back, but it was a lot of fun! When Richard got home, for family night we hiked up to King's Castle. It was quite a steep hill, but not too long. The kids really liked it and it had a fun narrow cave you crawled down into and through. It was pretty fun. We took the kids out for a treat after and just enjoyed the time together. I always like it when Richard is able to go out with us. We like being together as a family. Tomorrow will be another adventure!

Three Falls Cave


Up to the Top Fall - We Made It!


King's Castle - Rich and the Kids with the View of Hurricane behind them


King's Castle - Me & the Kids against the back wall by the cave

1 comments:

Raelene said...

Hey, I decided to finally check people's blogs, since its been weeks! anyways I was scrolling through to see your blonde moment and as I was scrolling down, I didn't even recognize you! Its amazing how hair color can change your look so dramatically! I thought it looked really cute today though. Thanx again for inviting me to go along on your adventures! We had so much fun! Could you email me those pics so I can post them on my blog? Thanx