Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring Break Week of Fun...Day One

For Spring Break this year, I decided to do something a little different. Instead of pine over projects and stuff I need to get done, I decided to spend a fun week with the kids and really explore this beautiful place we live in. I wanted it to be a bit of a "staycation" as my sister-in-law, Julie, called it. So, it all started on Saturday. Richard, I, and the kids worked on the yard for a few hours and then packed up the truck and drove up around the mountain to the base of Molly's Nipple and hiked up to the top. We've always wanted to go up there and Richard had never hiked up to the top even though he's lived here his whole life. It was a fun hike and the kids loved it. We shot the pistol up at the top and took in the beautiful view.

Here we are at the bottom before the big hike...

We made it!

Rhett shooting the pistol with Dad

Beautiful Hurricane Valley...What a view!

1 comments:

Sher said...

Fun idea, to stay and explore near to home places you never seem to visit - We haven't taken our kids to Zions, we'll have to try that this year!