Last Thursday I ventured into my very known world...Surgery...Yes, Again! Usually when I tell my friends that I am having surgery that is what they say - AGAIN!? It has become a sadly common thing, but I am hoping to wrap things up because I have been feeling so well lately. Anyway, I have had a hurt knee for awhile and I have some necrosis in it so it tends to hurt me and give out sometimes, but they thought that I tore my meniscus also. Thursday, I was scheduled for surgery to come in at
3 p.m. which was very late when you have to fast, but then they called me and told me to come in an hour later because the doctor was running behind. Then when I got there, I waited and waited and waited and finally went into surgery around 8:30 p.m., that's right 8:30 p.m. Lots of waiting...they really got behind. So I ended up leaving the hospital at around 11:30 p.m. I was so happy to be done. When they got into my knee, it wasn't as bad as they thought and they ended up just cutting out some excess synovial tissue and cleaning things up a bit. I have to stay off it for a few days and then I can slowly start to put weight on it. Hopefully my recovery will be really quick because I cannot wait to get back to my classes! Anyway, just a quick update, but I am feeling great and my family has been a big help!
Saturday, August 2, 2008
Knee Surgery
Posted by Hirschisquirts at 4:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Do you need anything? I hope this is your last surgery for a long time.
You better get on your feet soon! I need you to kick my butt to the gym!
Well what a great friend I am! I totally spaced that you were having surgery. I am so sorry I havent called you. It has been so crazy at my house, with my lovely sister staying with us (1 week now and still going) I'll call you when its all over and I can breathe for a minute. Hope your feeling good, love ya
I hope that you are feeling better. Knee surgery is never fun. Good luck and be careful! Your family is absolutely beautiful, by the way!
How so you do it? I am always amazed at your gifts for being a mom, a worker a wife and now doing all that on one leg! Wow. Take care.
Post a Comment