Saturday, July 18, 2009

Stitches Out, PICC line out, and Happy 4th!

Well, Independence Day sure brought a new sense of independence to me - no more wires attached to me! Yay! Thursday, Richard and I drove up to Murray and took Rhett with us (since it was just his birthday and we thought it would be fun to spend the day with him). We went to my Drs appointment and everything was looking good. He took the stitches and staples out of my head and removed the PICC line. I was thrilled. I was a little tired and sore from driving all that way, but so happy to be detached from stuff. Afterward, we went and visited my sister and her family and then headed home. This is a picture of my new haircut that my cute niece Chelsey gave me to help out the growing pains of my shaved rear head. It's a little grown out and messy in the picture, but you get the idea and look how well my wound is healing!


4th of July is always fun for our family. We love the small town stuff and we love the atmosphere of the day. Since we got home so late and I wasn't feeling well, Tris is the only one who got up in the morning. She rode in the parade with Grandpa Hirschi and went to the park with him and then came home. We actually didn't even go to the parade or the park this year, which was weird for us, but all the kids were sleeping and I really wasn't up for it. In the evening, Stan and Shani were over for an impromptu BBQ and then we headed up to the ball fields for the home run derby and the Hurricane vs. LaVerkin softball game. Richard has been in charge of this for the past few years and it has been a fun thing for our family to do. I was a little worried if I'd make it through the evening, but I took a couple pain pills and I did okay. I had a lot of help and the kids were pretty good. Hurricane won the softball game and the fireworks were wonderful! 4th of July was a wonderful day!

0 comments: