Since I have been down most of the summer, I was feeling well enough to attempt a camping trip with the kids. Richard had Thursday and Friday off the weekend of the 24th, so I thought it would be a great weekend to go camping. We left Thursday afternoon and came back Saturday. We rode four wheelers and motorcycles, swam in the lake, ate yummy dutch oven and camp chef-cooked meals and enjoyed good company. A few cousins came up along with Richards Dad & Kitty. Jennifer and Tiara came up with us as well and had a lot of fun. Friday, we went for a drive around the mountain and enjoyed some deer and the beautiful flowers and scenery. We also had some fun swimming in the lake (well, I watched the swimming). Friday night, a few more came up to join us and we had a great dutch oven dinner, ate smores, and lit sparklers for the kids. Saturday, we went on a few 4-wheeler rides, the men and boys shot their bows at targets, and we went swimming some more (I watched again, but it was really fun). There was a group of students down from BYU for the weekend and they had turned a canoe over on the dock and made it into a slide. It was quite entertaining watching them ski and flip and slide on the canoe. The kids sure enjoyed it. Saturday evening we headed home completely exhausted and I spent the next full day in bed, but it was well worth it. The weather was beautiful and we had so much fun!
This is a beautiful 3 x 3 we saw on our way up to the lake...
This is Rich & Mike rowing in the canoe...(with their arms)
On our scenic ride with the kids...
The BYU students on their self-made slide...
The kids having a blast at the lake...
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
24th of July at Kolob Reservoir
Posted by Hirschisquirts at 2:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Yay! I'm so glad you got to get out and enjoy some of your summer!! camping looks like fun, but I think I'm camped out for the summer! seriously we've been soo much! anyways, I'm glad your feeling good and I hope it just continues to get better!!
Post a Comment