The week before school started it was Fort Cove Days. If you haven't been up to visit Fort Cove or don't know what that is, it is a cool place just past the
I-70/I-15 interchange It's a church history site and it is worth going to visit with your family, especially during their weekend celebration in August.
Kristine and I took all of our kids up there and we had a great time. We arrived just before lunch and started off with a horse and buggy ride. The kids loved this. Next, we ate some FREE lunch and enjoyed the entertainment they had there. After that, they had little stations where you could take the kids and they demonstrated toy making, different foods that were cooked, animals, old medical stuff, wood carving, etc. Some of our kids were able to use a double-ended saw on some wood and Kristine's girls pulled a handcart with the rest of our kids in it.
Next, we toured the fort itself and got to see all the different rooms. It was a really beautiful place and well restored. By the time we got to the barn where there were other demonstrations, Rhett was having a full-on meltdown so I had to take him back to the car and wait until the rest were done. All-in-all it was a really fun day and we were so glad we took the kids!
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Fort Cove Days August 2009
Posted by Hirschisquirts at 7:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment