Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Our Bryce Canyon Getaway

Richard and I had a chance to getaway last weekend. We went up to Bryce Canyon and stayed at Ruby's Inn, did some mountain biking, and just enjoyed some peace and quiet. It was beautiful weather and we really had a great time. The first day, we did three trails combined together totalling close to 15 miles. We went uphill for about 5 1/2 miles on a paved trail called Red Canyon, then we hooked over on this dirt road for about 2 miles to lead us to the next trail which was the big one - Thunder Mountain. It was up and down and big climbs for another 7 miles, but it was beautiful views. It really took your breath away. I swear at a couple of points I was going to need a new pair of legs, but it was so much fun and I would definitely do it again. That night, we went out for a nice dinner and just relaxed. The next day was a little cloudy and on and off again sprinkles, so we decided to drive down through the Pink Cliffs and take the long way home. We drove along way on this dirt road enjoying the views and the company. Then we drove up over the mountain past Strawberry and Duck Creek. There was so much snow still up there! Next, we stopped in Cedar and did some shopping and ate dinner. Then, we headed home. We had a great weekend!

We started out at the bottom, very rested and relaxed...

We rode and rode and climbed and climbed...

And took quite a few breaks...

But it was worth it to see this beautiful view...

Isn't it amazing?

1 comments:

Angee Leishman said...

That looks like so much fun! Josh & I need to do that!