Saturday, January 24, 2009

Update, Update, Update...Can you believe it?

I apologize...time has once again gotten away from me and I feel like the world is spinning and moving around me. Thank goodness I have patient and understanding friends and family, right? Anyway, here is a short, and not completely total, update on what has been happening the last month and a half since I updated! Ugh!
Middle of December, drill competition started and I was up to Bountiful for a weekend. I drove through a blizzard and that was exciting. My sister came up to the competition to see me with the kids too! Matt and Nanette announced they were expecting their first child, which was very exciting news! We found my Mom a place close by. Christmas was fun. Richard was on call, so unfortunately, he was called out at 6 a.m. Christmas morning and did not return until 1 p.m., so I did the Christmas morning thing with the kids by myself, but my Mom came over and was there and I was just thankful that in this day and age my husband had a job to go to. The kids had a wonderful Christmas and were happy with what they received. Grandpa had a mini stroke Christmas Eve and then was hospitalized for a day with a UTI and a high fever. We got the message they had sent him to the hospital when we were coming down off of Kolob where we had spent the day snow-tubing (which was really fun and I totally forgot to take pictures). He is doing better now.

New Years Eve we spent at home with the kids. We made ice cream sundaes and since we had no TV, we watched a movie and then shouted "Happy New Year!" When our clocks said midnight. By then, half of the kids were asleep anyway. The 1st weekend in January, I was off to another competition in Richfield and Richard stayed home and poured another section of our back patio area. We are hoping to get the yard together this year! Finally! The next weekend was my EJ's birthday. He had a small get together with a couple of cousins. We went to see Hotel for Dogs and then we ate pizza and they had a sleepover. They were up all night and didn't seem to have any side effects from no sleep! Believe me, I did! Oh, and Ethan finally lost his 1st tooth 1 week before his 7th birthday - he was so happy. He was one of only kids in his class that hadn't lost a tooth and now he has a whole bunch loose!

Dance has started back up for the girls and the boys are now in piano. Soccer will start soon and there is always plenty to do. We have just been trying to get caught up from the holidays still and get a litle done around the house. I have been busy painting and getting Trista's room ready (yes, she is finally getting her own room and she is thrilled). She wanted a Hawaiian room, so I will post pictures when I get it all completed. It's going to be so cute! We are taking the family to Disneyland in a week and a half and it's going to be so fun! Hopefully I will post pictures before 2 months later! I'm not much of a photographer and I'm not very good at the blogging thing, but I'm trying. Thanks for being so patient with me!

Since January 5th, I have been doing Isagenix and this health challenge with some girls that I work with at the school. So far, I have lost 8 pounds and 12 inches and I hope to lose 12 more. People think I'm crazy, but I think I will feel so much better. I'm just happy to have all the vitamins in my system and that I am finally feeling a little healthier. I workout so much, but I don't eat well, so this has helped me get on track. It's been fun!

My cousin, Stacy, had her baby boy this week, and I can't wait to see him. We have 4 people pregnant on Richard's side of the family right now, so there will be lots of babies going on in the next 6 months. It will be fun. Everyone has been doing really well in school and in life. I hope all of your families are doing well and enjoying this crazy life. I know I am.

Weird, fun, snow in Southern Utah... (View of the Hay Barn)



Merry Christmas kids!



The kids with Grandpa Louis on Christmas day!



EJ's 1st lost tooth!



Happy Birthday my little angel!

5 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Hey, I am so glad I found your blog, your family is darling. Its sounds like you guys are a busy crew.

Jaime said...

Glad to see you are ALIVE and everything is going well! Eight pounds with 12 to go?? Did you have 8 to lose to begin with? Show me where! It's so weird to see St. G so cold and snowy! Cute kids...

Raelene said...

Hey strange girl!! Do I even know you anymore?? Its good to see you updated your blog. Happy birthday to Ethan and Congrats to Kayle for losing his first tooth! YOu lost 8 pounds?? I didnt even know you had 8 pounds to lose! well congrats anyways, its always nice to feel better about yourself, so good job! Have fun in Disneyland! love ya

Sher said...

Yea, you updated! Glad to hear you're alive and your family's doing well! Keep the blog going, it's the only way I stay connected with you girl!

Kami said...

Lady you make me tired. When I grow up I am going to be like you.