So the Hurricane Valley Peach Days was last weekend and it was a blast! Very tiring, but a blast! Friday night, Kristine & I went and watched Mama Mia (loved it). Saturday morning, I drove the Tigerettes in the parade and the kids stayed with Richard on the sidelines and picked up lots and lots and LOTS of candy (did I mention there was a lot of candy?). After that, we went home and got ready for the afternoon. Kristine, Shani, and I sang from 1-2 p.m. and had a blast and it was a real treat for me this year as a proud mama - I finally got Trista to sing and she did a beautiful job. She sang with her friend Riley and they sang "Our Song." It was adorable and after she did it, her confidence level really rose. I am a little disappointed, though - as excited and nervous as I was for her, I totally forgot to record or take pictures or anything (I know, horrible mom) until after it was already over! I was so mad! Anyway, just know she did a beautiful job and hopefully she will do it again next year so I can get her on video. After that, we looked around at the booths and displays. In the evening, we went to the Rodeo and all the kids got drawn out for the mutton bustin', and they all rode except Kayle (who was the champion last year) because he was afraid he was going to hit his head on the barrel like he did last year. Anyway, the rest of the kids had a blast and we had a great time. After the Rodeo, they let off fireworks at the high school and they were great! It was a fun busy day.
Sunday, Richard spoke in church with the Elders Quorum Presidency and he did a great job. I visited my Grandpa and he was doing well - his face has healed amazingly from his surgery. Monday, we spent the day cleaning the yard and the house and it was wonderful to have everything so clean - all the way down to the sheets! The kids and Richard were a big help as well as my mom. That night, we watched a movie and then dozed off. A busy fun weekend. Here are some pics of the parade and of the kids with their trophies from the mutton bustin'.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Peach Days Madness!!!
Posted by Hirschisquirts at 5:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
your not a bad mom for not taking a picture... you were just living in the moment and relishing it. You all sang beautifully. great job. i'm always glad others have that talent and share it. Great job on your talk Richard. Your a really great speaker. i enjoyed that entire meeting. The kids all look cute with their trophy's. Rhett looks especially proud.
I was so mad, I ran into Shani at her little booth, on Friday night. She said you guys were going to be singing saturday, but we were on our way to Kanab! I always miss you when you perform!! Let me know these things so I can be there for you! Crazy woman! I'm sure you did awsome and it looks like you had tons of fun.
Super cute hair! I know you tagged me, and hopefully I will answer back tonight! Love the parade pictures, I would pass you off as a teenager too, you look sooo good!!
I'm excited the Rodeo for St. George is this weekend...I think I might take my kids! :)
Love your smancy hair!
I was at Hurricane High last Saturday watching my niece play volleyball! :)
Post a Comment