Hi Everybody!
Sorry we have been gone for a bit, but it has been crazy! We got back from our family trip and we had quite a time on it. We were pulling two trailers behind our truck and one got a little fishtaily and almost flipped us which was crazy, so we drove VERY slowly the rest of the trip. While we were fishing, a guy got stuck in the mud with his car and we helped tow him out and we only caught 1 fish, but we had a fun time. We actually made our own fun by hitching the fishing boat up to a raft and a log and towing the kids around on the lake with it. That was a good time.
The day after we got home was Trista's 11th birthday! Can you believe I have a child that old. That is crazy! Anyway, she and a friend got to go to lunch and a movie and have a sleepover. We also all went swimming up to the city pool as a family. Trista was very excited when she opened up her presents and realized she had tickets to see Hannah Montana at the Stadium of Fire! That girl is Hannah Montana through and through. Anyway, I'm going to take her up and we will have some girl time so it will be fun. She's a great girl and so beautiful!
My Grandfather had to have emergency surgery on some skin cancer in his cheek and they did it over a couple of days, so four of my days were spent at doctor's offices and the hospital. He is doing well in recovery. The cancer had spread into some facial nerves and into his salivary gland so that was the need for the surgery.
Father's day was nice. I fixed a fun breakfast and dinner for Richard and we went and visited our Dad's. It was just a nice relaxing day.
All last week, there were parties almost every day for Jon because he was leaving. Monday night, we had a BBQ with a whole bunch of family, Tuesday the scouts through him a party, Thursday his work through him a BBQ out at the lake, and Saturday night he had a party with all his friends. He really is a loved kid.
Tuesday, we went down to Vegas and stayed at the MGM Grand with all the kids. We had a lot of fun swimming in the pools. They even have their own lazy river there! We took the kids to the M&M Store and down to the Bellagio to watch the water show. In the morning on Wednesday, we had to get up super early to take our exchange student to the airport - Yep, he had to go home. It was a sad day folks. We didn't expect to send him off in such a hurry, but when he got to security, they rushed him through and we didn't really get to see him very long. It was pretty sad. We will miss him so much.
Wednesday was also Rhett's birthday, so when we got home from Vegas, he got to have his buddy over and have a sleepover. We ate pancakes for dinner (at his request) and watched a movie. It was a good time. I can't believe my baby is 4. They grow up so fast. I sure love that little guy.
Well, today I am afraid to say that I am venturing on the loss of my 20s. Yes, I am officially 30 today and I am not really sure if I am okay with it or not yet. I guess we will see! I know that some of you are beyond this point, but for me it is new territory so bare with me folks!
I hope all of you are doing well. Life is crazy for all of us, but I sure enjoy reading your blogs and keeping in touch. Have a great day!
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Back to Life!
Posted by Hirschisquirts at 11:17 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Happy Birthday Girl! It's only downhill from here! hahahah, j/k. Love the pics, it's about time you posted (I know, sounds like you've been waaay busy). So when did you change Tristan to Trista? later, Sher
Happy Birthday! I thought it was today. Oh you will have to prep Jamie for this day and let her know how fabulouso 30 really is!(: I hope you get to do something fun for yourself today-we sure love ya!
Let me know how 30 feels, I am fast approaching and am too a little concerned about it. Glad that you are back, I have missed you, but happy that you have had a good/crazy time with all of it. I love the stories about the boys, they do keep life fun!
Happy belated birthday! Thirties are the best. You don't even start going down hill till 50's so just enjoy the journey. Thanks for the pictures. Sorry we missed the BBQ but it was so nice of you to invite us. Again happy 30th.
Post a Comment